[Armedbear-devel] Fixing #352 / JSS fails to introspect foo(long) methods

olof at macrolet.net olof at macrolet.net
Tue Apr 15 20:57:46 UTC 2014

Hi, I've been trying to improve my idea in [1].  Attached is a slightly
different patch, still with the same general idea though.  I've added two
tests, however I'd still like to do a bit more than that, especially testing
the correct resolution of methods, i.e. Java::isMoreSpecialized.

My current understanding is that with this patch all possible methods (like for
the attached class DummyMethods) are found, but that isMoreSpecialized doesn't
actually do what its name implies, namely finding the most specialized method.

That is, I'm assuming that JCALL is supposed to use the (exact) same kind of
method resolution as Java (if no method signature is given)?

Additionally I actually wanted to add DummyMethods for testing from
java-tests.lisp, but didn't work out for now.

Best regards,
Olof

[1]: http://abcl.org/trac/ticket/352