[armedbear-devel] Pure threads and hashtables test

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Sep 27 19:28:41 UTC 2013

On Sep 27, 2013, at 8:13 PM, "Alan Ruttenberg" <alanruttenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed. While the gethash and puthash should independently work, the combination of the two isn't thread safe. For example two processes could get the value in the ht before either has a chance to write back the increment.

A version that only adds to unique keys in the hash table, relying on the HASH-TABLE-COUNT value to indicate successful update.  The keys are the squares of the first eight primes, so the total threads spawned is eight.  the parameter to RUN now indicates how many squares of the given prime basis. But  still weirdness, in that the first thread which should increment the keys of the hashtable indexed by the powers of 2 doesn't seem to execute.  Something in my LOOP clause?