[armedbear-devel] Using ASDF/BUNDLE for ABCL

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 19:39:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

Some time ago Mark Evenson created ASDF-JAR on ABCL. It has some issues
packaging ASD files which uses #. syntax to read e.g. version files
(version.lisp-sexp) such as bordeaux-threads does.

We know ECL started hooking into the ASDF/BUNDLE machinery for ASDF to
overcome problems like these. Could you help me/us out and explain how we
can plug ABCL into the same machinery? From what I've seen, it's most
efficient if the resulting code be committed to ASDF. That's fine by me. At
this point, I'd just be happy with an explanation on how to do the hooking
up: the new ASDF/BUNDLE functionality doesn't seem to be documented in the
manual yet.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!