[armedbear-devel] Fwd: variable-information?

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 14:02:36 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James M. Lawrence <llmjjmll at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Subject: Re: [armedbear-devel] variable-information?
To: Erik Huelsmann <ehuels at gmail.com>

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM, Erik Huelsmann <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Are you in a macro expansion environment? If that's the case, then we
could
> quite easily make that available, I'm sure.
>
> Could you provide a bit more detail on what your usecase is? (I'm not
> familiar with cltl2, I'm affraid)

Hi,

Yes by environment I mean the &environment parameter to defmacro.

The distributed version of lparallel uses variable-information to
create closures which are executed on remote machines. Since at least
four implementations offer variable-information (SBCL, CCL, LispWorks,
Allegro), this technique amounts to a somewhat portable way to
serialize closures.

[Did you mean to respond to the list?]

Regards,
lmj