[armedbear-devel] c++ library FreeLing from ABCL

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 08:31:27 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 11:34 PM, Ville Voutilainen
<ville.voutilainen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 July 2013 00:27, Alessio Stalla <alessiostalla at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I don't know the details of System.loadLibrary enough to answer your
>> question; however: the Java code and the Lisp code differ in the use
>> of loadLibrary() vs load(). Have you tried using the same method in
>> both cases?
>>

> If I understand correctly, loadLibrary() loads a library from the system
> load
> paths, and modifies the name passed to it (so that loadLibrary("foo")
> will load foo.dll on windows and libfoo.so on unixes), load() loads any
> file as a dynamic library, and doesn't do the name modification.

Right. I mean that it's probably useful to try and replicate the exact
semantics of the Java code in Lisp first, just to eliminate any doubt
that the problem is not caused by ABCL.

So I would launch ABCL as:

java -Djava.library.path=. -cp abcl.jar org.armedbear.lisp.Main

And I would run the following Lisp code:

(jstatic "loadLibrary" "java.lang.System" "freeling_javaAPI")
(jnew "edu.upc.freeling.MacoOptions" "en")

If you get the same error, then it is definitely a problem with ABCL.
If not, it might be something else.

Alessio
--
Some gratuitous spam:

http://ripple.com Ripple, social credit system
http://common-lisp.net/project/armedbear ABCL, Common Lisp on the JVM
http://code.google.com/p/tapulli my Lisp open source projects
http://www.manydesigns.com/ ManyDesigns Portofino, open source
model-driven Java web application framework