[armedbear-devel] ASDF support for deferred warnings in ABCL?

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sun Jan 27 08:02:42 UTC 2013

On 1/26/13 6:55 PM, Faré wrote:
[…]
> I've been adding support for ASDF to save deferred warnings
> (typically, forward function references) in a file,
> so that if you do an incremental compilation, warnings
> from previously compiled files are still correctly handled
> at the end of the virtual with-compilation-unit.
>
> I've added support for SBCL and CCL myself, which was made
> much easier by being able to read the source code to their compilers,
> but I don't feel like groveling through four more free sofware compilers.
> Would you be interested in implementing the same feature for ABCL,
> or at least in guiding me on how to do so?
> The code is mainly in asdf/lisp-build.lisp functions
> reify-deferred-warnings unreify-deferred-warnings reset-deferred-warnings.
>
> http://common-lisp.net/gitweb?p=projects/asdf/asdf.git

Our compiler is fairly foreign to me as well, but this is as good a task
as any to get more familiar.

I plan on spending some time today to look into your changes, at least
in assistance of getting a version of ASDF 3 merged into ABCL trunk.  If
you ask more specific questions on #abcl, we should be able to provide
some additional assistance.

--

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare it to now."