[armedbear-devel] Upgrade issues

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Thu Jan 24 14:08:02 UTC 2013

Actually, I already [backported this change to abcl-1.1.x][r14349], mainly to keep any diffs in CLOS easy to perform from trunk.

[r14349]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/14349

Undoing [r14349][] won't help us ship asdf-2.27, so we should figure out what we should do to fix things.

The right way to fix this will be to implement an autoload mechanism for SETF macros, but that has proven to be taking more of my (mostly non-existent) time than I have.

Any suggestions on a hack that will load things correctly?  I assume we can't just add the form to autoloads.lisp, as that will bring in CLOS on every startup.  What about a (require 'documentation) at the end of clos.lisp?  I'll go experiment with that idea...

@Fare:  so definitely go ahead with shipping asdf-2.27, as ABCL's problems with ASDF are self-inflicted.