[armedbear-devel] function (setf documentation) has disappeared

Eric Marsden eric.marsden at free.fr
Sun Jan 6 17:23:31 UTC 2013

>>>>> "rs" == Rudolf Schlatte <rudi at constantly.at> writes:

  rs> It's not that I don't trust you -- DOCUMENTATION was moved into
  rs> its own file recently, and we have the ansi-test PSETF.37 failure
  rs> because autoloading fails for (setf foo) functions. Does it work
  rs> if you call DOCUMENTATION before calling SETF DOCUMENTATION?

  Hi Rudi,

  Yes, it does seem to be an autoloading problem.

,----
| Armed Bear Common Lisp 1.2.0-dev-svn-14349
| Java 1.6.0_18 Sun Microsystems Inc.
| OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
| Low-level initialization completed in 0.241 seconds.
| Startup completed in 1.128 seconds.
| Type ":help" for a list of available commands.
| CL-USER(1): (defun foo (x) x)
| FOO
| CL-USER(2): (setf (documentation 'foo 'function) "Horx")
| #<THREAD "interpreter" {482982BF}>: Debugger invoked on condition of type UNDEFINED-FUNCTION
|   The function (SETF DOCUMENTATION) is undefined.
`----

  If I call DOCUMENTATION first, the DEFSETF works correctly.

--
Eric Marsden