[armedbear-devel] PortableAserve on ABCL

Rudolf Schlatte rudi at constantly.at
Sat Jan 5 13:54:30 UTC 2013

On Jan 5, 2013, at 01:56, Dave Cooper <david.cooper at genworks.com> wrote:

> Happy New Year everybody!
>
> Welp it seems my porting binge which started over the holidays isn't quite settling down yet...
>
> So. What are the chances of getting Portableaserve to work in ABCL? Note that I'm not asking if there are better ways of serving web from ABCL (I'm sure there are). I'm just asking specifically about portableaserve on ABCL.
>
> Any opinions if this is within the realm of possibility, or would there be some obvious show-stopper?
>
> I guess most of the challenge would be getting an acl-compat working for ABCL...

I can have a go at this, it's been some years since my last acl-compat port.  That said, I'm having some deadlines at work this month, so if anyone decides they want to have a go first, feel free.

In these glorious quicklisp times, I'll likely go with using bordeaux-threads and a portable socket library, and then gradually move the other implementations supported by acl-compat onto these libraries as well.  (The portableaserve tarball still contains ancient versions of puri, cl-regex and asdf because we went for a batteries-included approach, which isn't necessary anymore now.)

Rudi