[armedbear-devel] How can I build ABCL 1.1.1 without recording the absolute path of the source ?

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sat Feb 23 15:40:16 UTC 2013

On 2/23/13 4:14 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> I define the logical pathname ABCL-SRC to be wherever the src directory
> is, e.g
> (setf (logical-pathname-translations "abcl-src")
>       `(("**;*.*" "/Users/alanr/repos/abcl/src/**/*.*")))

As noted in the ticket, [we're currently populating the logical
pathnames SYS:SRC in system.lisp][CREATE-SYSTEM-LOGICAL-TRANSLATIONS],
but I actually think having something more like Alan's 'ABCL-SYS' (like
maybe 'ABCL:SRC' as the logical host) would actually be more informative
to the user.

[CREATE-SYSTEM-LOGICAL-TRANSLATIONS]:
http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/browser/trunk/abcl/src/org/armedbear/lisp/compile-system.lisp#L503

--

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare it to now."