[armedbear-devel] How can I build ABCL 1.1.1 without recording the absolute path of the source ?

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Feb 22 20:58:28 UTC 2013

On 2/22/13 4:01 PM, Xiaofeng Yang wrote:
> Hi, all
>
> I built ABCL 1.1.1 using Ant. After I built it, I found that the source
> locations of all the symbols are absolute path. For exmaple:
> [1] CL-USER(1): (symbol-plist 'defun)
> (SYSTEM::%SOURCE
> (#P"L:/abcl-src-1.1.1/src/org/armedbear/lisp/precompiler.lisp" . 44441)
> PRECOMPILER::PRECOMPILE-HANDLER PRECOMPILER::PRECOMPILE-DEFUN)
>
> I tried  using '--nosystem', setting (LOGICAL-PATHNAME-TRANSLATIONS
> "sys") by myself, and even deleting system.lisp from the jar. But the
> source location didn't change.
>
> How can I build ABCL 1.1.1 without recording the absolute path of the
> source ? Or, making the source location changable so that I can locate
> it even if I change the path of the source code ? I think I can do it
> manually by i.g.
> (dolist (pkg (list-all-packages))
>   (do-symbols (sym pkg)
>              if there exists system::%source in symbol-plist, replace it)).
> Is there any other way to do this ?

Currently, there is no way of building to not recording the physical
pathname, but there should be.  The values stored in the symbol plists
should use the SYS:SRC logical pathname.  I've recorded this as ticket
[#301][].

[#301]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/ticket/301

--

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare it to now."