[armedbear-devel] Seamless ABCL / Java integration proposal

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Feb 20 11:08:52 UTC 2013

On Feb 19, 2013, at 1420 , Blake McBride <blake at mcbride.name> wrote:

> Lest there be any confusion, I deeply appreciate the ABCL system and all those who contribute to it.

From my side, I didn't intend my message to seem defensive, more
just a clarification of points that I have expressed to people, but
not on the mailing list.  And posts like yours are quite welcome.

I'm still pondering how to answer your proposals, but it is taking a long time to find the time.

Just two quick points:

1.  Have you looked at JSS as Alessio suggests?  Can you comment
as to how it meets your numbered points?

2.  Changing the call/return values from the Java FFI in changing
java.lang.List to/from Lisp CONS as well as Java array to/from Lisp
arrays would break existing code that expects otherwise.  Any ideas
on how to migrate?

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing to compare to it now."