[armedbear-devel] Running abcl outside awt thread

Jonathan Fischer Friberg odyssomay at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 14:28:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

It seems that abcl is currently running on the awt thread. As when I get an
error, it says something along the lines

"#<THREAD "AWT-EventQueue-0" {3C6B5}>"

This has some nasty side effects, namely:

1. eval blocks the ui (until the eval has finished)
2. On error, the version 1.1.0 locks down the ui completely. That is, the
ui locks and doesn't come back.

So it would be nice if I could run abcl on it's own separate thread. Is
such a thing possible?

I guess in worst case I'll have to start up a separate thread in the eval
(that is, in common lisp), which I think would do what I want. I would
prefer to have the whole of abcl in its' own thread though.

Jonathan