[armedbear-devel] Lazy allocation of LispStackFrames

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sun Aug 18 22:18:28 UTC 2013

On 8/19/13 12:05 AM, Erik Huelsmann wrote:

[…]

> The difference is too big to attribute solely to a different jvm version
> or other memory settings.
>
> Thanks!
[… Dmitry Nadezhin contributes:]

>         LispStackFrame object are allocated on every
>         LispThread.execute(...) .
>         However, they are seldom (to inspect stack trace).
>         This patch delays allocation of LispStackFrame objects until
>         they are requested.
>
>         Raw information about stack frames is stored in stack.
>         Stack is an Object[] array ( more precisely a list of 8 MB
>         Object[] arrays ).

[…]

Committed with a few (mostly cosmetic changes) in [r14579][1].

@Dmitry: Thanks for the substantial patch of the stack abstraction!  It
makes it quite clear how to proceed with transcribing local variable
information, which is something that has always bugged me about our
SLIME sophistication.

[1]: http://lisp.not.org/trac/armedbear/changeset/14579