[armedbear-devel] SBCL->ABCL migration questions

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.com
Mon Aug 26 16:24:41 UTC 2013

On Aug 26, 2013, at 05:26, Rudi Schlatte wrote:
> Now that abcl has a mop implementation, a port is theoretically
> possible.  In fact, porting the existing X-Windows backend should
> not be too much work.  ...

"theoretically possible" isn't too encouraging.  Maybe I should
take a closer look at my goals and (still speculative) approach.

The program uses McCLIM to provide a single, tabbed window.  I'd
like to retain the back-end logic, but replace the front end with
a JavaScript single page application, using D3.js, jQuery UI, etc.

Given that McCLIM isn't currently supported on ABCL, it probably
makes sense to do the GUI conversion first.  Certainly, porting
McCLIM to ABCL only to discard it seems like a waste of effort.

So, recasting the question, are there any web server libraries I
should consider?  I'd like something pretty minimal (ala Rack or
Sinatra); all I need to do is handle requests from a client and
respond with appropriate data structures (eg, JSON, EDN).

On a related front, I'd love to hear about any work in using EDN
with Common Lisp:

  https://github.com/edn-format/edn
  https://github.com/edn-format/edn/wiki/Implementations

-r

http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume     rdm at cfcl.com

Software system design, development, and documentation