[armedbear-devel] Support for concatenated fasls

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 20:39:39 UTC 2013

Hi!

As we discussed, I'd write FASL concatenation support for ABCL. I'm nearly
done, however I'm running into a snag caused by ASDF:

Normally, a file "package.lisp" is compiled into a fasl "package.abcl"
which is basically a zip with at least one entry: "package._". The "._"
file contains instructions for loading the fasl and may contain references
to other files in the same zip.

My FASL concatenation code currently uses the assumption that the "._" file
has exactly the same name as the enclosing package. However, FASLs
generated using ASDF violate that assumption: the ._ file in the fasl isn't
called "package._" but it's called "package-ASDF_TMP._".

How does ABCL know about the suffix when ASDF is loading the FASL
"package.abcl" with the suffixed file in it in the regular situation?