[armedbear-devel] abcl trunk build doesn't work for me

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Sun May 27 18:14:38 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Alex Mizrahi <alex.mizrahi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, this turned out to be a problem with build -- it looks like new
> ABCL version has more stuff, and jvm tried to open too many files. I
> had to rise nofile ulimit to 8192.
>
> I didn't notice this from start because build process didn't check
> errors during compiling with abcl stage and proceeded to create jar
> file regardless. It said that build was successful so I didn't check
> error messages which scrolled away by that time.

Too many open files occurred to me too a while ago. Usually doing an
incremental build after the failed one works. But I don't get why all
those files need to be opened at once; I thought it was a leak.

--
Some gratuitous spam:

http://ripple-project.org Ripple, social credit system
http://villages.cc Villages.cc, Ripple-powered community economy
http://common-lisp.net/project/armedbear ABCL, Common Lisp on the JVM
http://code.google.com/p/tapulli my current open source projects
http://www.manydesigns.com/ ManyDesigns Portofino, open source
model-driven Java web application framework