[armedbear-devel] Connection to database via JDBC and classpath

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Fri May 18 12:10:26 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Alex Mizrahi <alex.mizrahi at gmail.com> wrote:

>> One might try using the JSS:NEW operator which has a slightly more
>> aggressive method of locating Java classes with the [java.sql.DriverManager
>> API][1], which is the preferred way of loading JDBC drivers rather than the
>> Class.forName() method.
>>
>> [1]: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/DriverManager.html
>

> Even this didn't work in my case.
>
> (java:jnew "org.postgresql.Driver")
> #<org.postgresql.Driver org.postgresql.Driver at 48507269 {2B42FB92}>
>
> (java:jstatic "registerDriver" "java.sql.DriverManager" (java:jnew
> "org.postgresql.Driver"))
> NIL
>

> (open-database)
> ; Evaluation aborted on #<JAVA-EXCEPTION com.hp.hpl.jena.db.RDFRDBException:
> Failure to instantiate DB Driver:PostgreSQL java.sql.SQLException: No
> suitable driver found for jdbc:postgresql:jena_test {6E18E546}>.

I think that should be jdbc:postgresql://jena_test - note the double slash.

A.

--
Some gratuitous spam:

http://ripple-project.org Ripple, social credit system
http://villages.cc Villages.cc, Ripple-powered community economy
http://common-lisp.net/project/armedbear ABCL, Common Lisp on the JVM
http://code.google.com/p/tapulli my current open source projects
http://www.manydesigns.com/ ManyDesigns Portofino, open source
model-driven Java web application framework