[armedbear-devel] Fwd: How to compile and run Maxima with ABCL?

Phuc Luoi phucluoi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 11:29:03 UTC 2012

>> python takes all output of maxima an redirects http server. I choose
>> http because its more robuster than primary tcp socket server.
>
> OK, I guess, but then there is still the socket between Maxima and
> Python, so in a sense that socket is still the weak link in the chain.
> I'll let you be the judge of it.

Yes, It was a socket connection between python and Maxima. And it was
really a weak connection. I have tried it for one year.
Now we use the library pyexpect http://www.noah.org/wiki/pexpect as
"glue" to connect Maxima and Python together.
This library uses tty and pty to connect the program. It is more
stable than socket.

Other reason that I use python is, It has some out-of-the box
framework for http such as authority, and authentication, and so on.
So far I have even a simple JSONRPC Protocol developed for this
purpose. Unfortunately I can not publish my work, because
it is a part of my job.

I think in the future we will use the Maxima server instead of tty and
pty for the connection between Maxima and python, any
use python only for authentication and authority.

best.
Hong Phuc