[armedbear-devel] cffi, asdf question

Durward McDonell durward.mcdonell at jhuapl.edu
Wed Jul 11 19:49:49 UTC 2012

Hello.

I noticed that there is currently some difficulty getting cffi to
load properly. I've gotten it to load using Mark Evenson's patches
(I think), but it still required loading something, getting an error,
and loading it again, and then assuming it was loading correctly.

In the interest of doing it The Right Way, I have some questions. I
hope they make some sense. ASDF doesn't know about loading systems
from jar files -- that seems to be the job of abcl-asdf. But abcl-asdf
has to be loaded from a jar file, right? So there's a bootstrapping
problem. Where is this dealt with? Or is there some other magic I
haven't yet figured out to load systems from jar files?

Thanks.

--
Durward McDonell
durward.mcdonell at jhuapl.edu