[armedbear-devel] [Patch] add classes METAOBJECT, SPECIALIZER

Rudolf Schlatte rudi at constantly.at
Tue Jan 3 11:04:16 UTC 2012

On Jan 3, 2012, at 11:36, Mark Evenson wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2012, at 12:45 AM, Rudolf Schlatte wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> These two patches add the metaobject and specializer classes (ref. Table 5.1 in AMOP).  They are at the proper place in the class hierarchy as far as possible -- there are some structures that should be classes (eql-specializer, method-combination) and [standard-]generic-function still have the wrong metaclass and superclasses.
>
> Unfortunately, after applying these patches things did not go well
> with running ABCL on my old hardware (circa 2008).  I'm going to
> try a clean compile with your patches, as maybe it was something
> other than your patches

Thanks for taking a look.  Would you mind sending a backtrace or problem description?  I had some out-of-memory errors running the test suite, but I did a number of rebuilds yesterday and it works for me (start abcl under slime, find new classes, check class precedence lists etc.).

> vis a vis Pascal Constanza's test suite as mentioned on #abcl.
> Which version are you running?  [The one from darcs on common-lisp.net][1]?

Correct, the one referenced from http://common-lisp.net/project/closer/features.html

I'm not so much running it as watching it crash into abcl limitations, like finding a struct when a class is expected -- I'll declare victory once it can run to completion and print a list of errors.

Rudi