[armedbear-devel] Additional slots in function classes screw up std-compute-discriminating-function

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Sun Dec 9 16:10:37 UTC 2012

Hi,

What the subject says. Here is a test case:

CL-USER(1): (use-package :mop)
CL-USER(2): (defclass my-function (standard-generic-function)
              ((a-slot :initarg :a-slot :accessor a-slot))
              (:metaclass funcallable-standard-class))
#<FUNCALLABLE-STANDARD-CLASS MY-FUNCTION {24DF7EA4}>
CL-USER(3): (defgeneric test (x y z)
              (:generic-function-class my-function))
#<THREAD "interpreter" {14BAAEA8}>: Debugger invoked on condition of type TYPE-ERROR
  The value TEST is not of type LIST.

The reason is that std-compute-discriminating-function is also called for subclasses of standard-generic-function that don't override compute-discriminating function. The specialization in std-compute-discriminating-function should only occur if the passed function is _extactly_ a standard-generic-function (or if it doesn't add any slots on top of standard-generic-function).

By the way, we're getting closer (ha!). More and more test cases in my test suites work. I'm pretty confident that I can add full support for ABCL in Closer to MOP for the next version of ABCL.

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza