[armedbear-devel] ABCL 1.1.0

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sun Dec 9 09:09:25 UTC 2012

On 12/9/12 3:57 AM, Zach Beane wrote:
> Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> writes:
>
>> What I meant to point out is that one of the goals of abcl-1.1.0 was
>> to get it released so that Quicklisp 2012-12 can hopefully release
>> versions of CLOSER-MOP, CFFI, and Hunchentoot with the necessary
>> patches.
>
> I was kind of hoping to do that tomorrow. My preference is to release on
> the first weekend of each month. November was an exception.

For ABCL, you should be update to working CFFI and Hunchentoot for
December 2012 Quicklisp fairly easily, the necessary patches for
abcl-1.1.0 have already been commited to the respective repositories.

[cffi]: https://github.com/easye/cffi/commits/master
[hunchentoot]: https://github.com/easye/hunchentoot/commits/master

For CLOSER-MOP, everything reported has been fixed so that abcl-1.1.0
works well, but the maintainer has expressed the desire for a released
version of ABCL before the source is patched.  That condition was met on
December 7. 2012 but the maintainer has been busy with moving homes, and
then catching up from moving. So, unless there is some fancy footwork
between you and Pascal, and/or you patch CLOSER-MOP further than its
repository (probably a bad idea in general), this will have to wait
until 2013, or a supplemental December 2012 Quicklisp.

Note that the [bug affecting
com.informatimago.common-lisp.cesarum][#274] has not (unfortunately)
been addressed in ABCL-1.1.0.

[#274]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/ticket/274

We'll be around in email and IRC today to provide any assistance that we
can.

--

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare it to now."