[armedbear-devel] ABCL 1.1.0

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sat Dec 8 07:34:46 UTC 2012

On 12/8/12 12:38 AM, Anton Vodonosov wrote:

> 07.12.2012, 20:30, "Mark Evenson" <evenson at panix.com>:

>>>   IMHO #274 deserves to be considered.
>>>   It's a hungup during compilation.
>>
>> It is not the only Quicklisp distributed properties.
>>
>> We're at a chicken and egg type impasse with Quicklisp distributed
>> implementors:  they wish to test against a known, securely versioned
>> released; we need them to add #+abcl conditionals.
>>
>> As soon as [#274][] gets addressed--maybe a hook on a watcher that
>> catches hung ASDF operations?--on abcl-1.2.0-dev aka. [trunk][], we'
>>
>> [#274]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/ticket/274
>> [trunk]: http://svn.common-lisp.net/armedbear/trunk/abcl/
>>
>> Mark <evenson at panix.com>
>> for urn:abcl.org .
>
> Is this unfinished message?

It certainly got garbled somehow!

What I meant to point out is that one of the goals of abcl-1.1.0 was to
get it released so that Quicklisp 2012-12 can hopefully release versions
of CLOSER-MOP, CFFI, and Hunchentoot with the necessary patches.

As such, that has a higher priority than fixing the compiler for
com.informatimago.common-lisp.cesarum.  Unless there is a patch.

ABCL 1.1.0 is "released" in that binary and source artifacts are available.

TODO:  add multiple cryptographic signatures in [releases/1.1.0][],
write up the release notes, update the canonical site with download links.

When signing the release, committers can verify the chain with [my
md5sums][1].

[releases/1.1.0]:
http://svn.common-lisp.net/armedbear/public_html/releases/1.1.0/
[1]:
http://abcl-dynamic-install.googlecode.com/files/abcl.org-20121207a.urn.md5

Now if I can just figure out how to help guess my PGP passphrase…

--

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare it to now."