[armedbear-devel] JFLI bugs fixed (was Re: abcl-1.1.0 release status)

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Thu Dec 6 07:16:01 UTC 2012

On 11/28/12 11:10 PM, Carlos Ungil wrote:
> Mark, Erik,
>
> thank you for those fixes.
>
> There is another bug in jfli.lisp, at line 366 there is a call to
> sys::ensure-class
> but it seems that this function has been moved to another package:
> mop:ensure-class

Addressed in r14295.

[r14295]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/14295

> I have two more comments about jfli.lisp (but these are not critical issues).
>
> 1) the function unbox-string (never used, probably it can be removed)
> calls the undefined function convert-from-java-string
>
> 2) I used to have an additional clause in infer-box-type (I don't
> remember the details, but I think I had to add it to be able to pass a
> Float argument to some java API):
>
>     ((typep x '(integer -9223372036854775808 +9223372036854775807)) long.type)
> +   ((typep x 'single-float) float.type)
>     ((numberp x) double.type)

The ABCL version of JFLI could use some patches by someone who uses it,
a quality I do no currently posses.  If patches are submitted, I will
review to patch, but otherwise I unfortunately don't have a lot of time
to spend here.

--

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare it to now."