[armedbear-devel] asdf and windows vs unix on abcl

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 01:37:05 UTC 2011

>> I suppose the solution is that the test of unixness vs windowsness
>> should happen at runtime. Crazy.
>
> We place :WINDOWS and :UNIX in *FEATURES* depending on where we end up executing, so forms like
>
>        (when (find :unix *features*)
>           (run-process "ls"))
>
> should do the right sorts of things.  If you have other suggestions about how to manage this, please make them.

You're doing the right thing. I suppose you're also doing some magic
to properly parse C:\foo\bar\ on Windows and /c/foo/bar on Unix.

ASDF just wasn't prepared to that (and neither was XCVB). Please test
2.017.22, I'd like to release it as 2.018, at the end of the month.

No man would listen to you talk if he didn't know it was his turn next.
		— Edgar Watson Howe