[armedbear-devel] Patch to dynamically load jna.jar for CFFI

Mark Evenson evenson.not.org at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 14:45:44 UTC 2011

If you have the the [contrib mechanism working correctly, post abcl-1.0.0][1], one can get ABCL to dynamically load the required shared objects to enable [via the following code in your ~/.abclrc][2]:

#+abcl
(eval-when (:load-toplevel)
  (require 'abcl-contrib)
  (require 'abcl-asdf)
  (java:add-to-classpath
   (abcl-asdf:resolve-dependencies "com.sun.jna" "jna" "3.0.9")))

ASDF shouldn't really be patched in [this way][1], but it involves debugging the Pathname internals (yet again) which is a task I am postponing until I can string together a bunch of consecutive hours.

[1]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/13692

[2]: http://bit.ly/v6OQFf