[armedbear-devel] Tentative inclusion of JSS with ABCL contrib

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri May 20 14:38:09 UTC 2011

Sick of having Clojure eat ABCL's lunch, I've decided to [start trying
to include JSS as an ABCL contrib][1] to bring forward a more public
platform for Java interop experiments on ANSI CL.  Or at least the
example of one such platform.

[1]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/13281

I've gotten to the point of eliminating the use of bsh-2.0b4.jar, and
most of INVOKE-RESTARGS without the jscheme.jar stuff.   Essentially the
ABCL Java routines have evolved to a point that none of the external JAR
dependencies should be necessary.  When jscheme.jar is eliminated, we
will be able to load JSS quite comfortably from abcl-contrib.jar (even
over the network).  With the additional syntax for ASDF, we will be able
to start formalizing a packaging mechanism that allows us to mix
Lisp/Java libraries in a systematic manner.

One question for Alan about the #1"something" form of the JSS macro:  is
relied on outside of JSS?  It seems like it was introduced to get around
a bug in abcl-0.18, but doesn't seem to be used anywhere inside the lsw2
code base.  I've eliminated it in my port of JSS, but would like
confirmation that nothing should be using it.