[armedbear-devel] *print-case* :downcase breaks DEFSTRUCT compilation

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Mon May 2 07:19:46 UTC 2011

Hi Mark, Dan,

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 6:07 AM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> On 5/1/11 8:11 PM, Dan Corkill wrote:
>> (in-package :cl-user)
>>
>> (eval-when (:compile-toplevel :load-toplevel :execute)
>>   (setf*print-case*  ':downcase))
>>
>> (defstruct rec a b)
>
> Filed as [ticket #147][#147].
>
> [#147]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/ticket/147

Yesterday evening, I took a short stab at analyzing this issue. I
think it's an interaction between the lisp reader/printer assignment
and the way our FASLs work. To be more precise: in DUMP-FORM (used
from the compiler), we don't bind *all* the printer/reader influencing
dynamic values, but rather only a limited number of them.

It'll take more than the 20 minutes I had to analyze the best
solution. I'll come back hopefully later this week.

Regards,