[armedbear-devel] Getting directory listing with symlinks included

Zach Beane xach at xach.com
Wed Mar 2 18:01:59 UTC 2011

Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen at gmail.com> writes:

> On 2 March 2011 19:48, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
>> If I have a directory containing a file named a.txt and a symlink b.txt
>> that points to a.txt, is there any ABCL function I can call to get both
>> directory entries as separate objects, i.e. the list (#p"a.txt"
>> #p"b.txt")? The semantics of CL:DIRECTORY seem to require resolving the
>> b.txt symlink, so I'm trying to figure out an extra-standard way to do
>> it in ABCL, if possible.
>
> I suppose we could add a keyword argument to DIRECTORY that would
> allow that, or add a separate function. I don't think we have such a facility
> at the moment.

Let me back up and get to my actual goal; perhaps there's a way to do it
in ABCL already...

I'd like to delete a directory tree from within ABCL. The directory
generally consists of plain files and other directories, but in some
cases there will be symlinks present. For other CL implementations, I
used extra-standard directory deletion and enumeration functions, so I
thought I could perhaps do the same in ABCL. But maybe I can go for a
higher abstraction.

Is there a function within ABCL that deletes an entire directory tree?

Zach