[armedbear-devel] Problems with making binary release?

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Jul 11 05:07:27 UTC 2011

Erik reported problems making a binary release yesterday on #abcl
related to the presence of the version information in the
"build/classes/org/armedbear/lisp/version" file.  I did indeed change
the build process to try to be smarter about needing to create this file
by creating the 'abcl.stamp.version.uptodate' task to compare the date
of this file to the corresponding class of Version.java.  But I can't
reproduce a problem here via various permutations of manually removing
the file, updating the timestamps of various files via touch(1), etc.

If someone can provide instructions to reproduce the error here, I will
endeavor to fix it.  Maybe this is a problem under MSFT Windows
environments?

P.S. In looking over the build.xml code, I notice that the use of
setting the 'abcl.version' system property to override is slightly
sub-optimal which I will fix as well.