[armedbear-devel] ext:run-shell-program

Alex Mizrahi alex.mizrahi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 19:44:54 UTC 2011

hi

I'd like to recieve output of external program as a stream, i.e. without
getting it all in one (potentially) huge string but processing it in small
portions as it comes.

But it looks like this is not possible to do this with
ext:run-shell-program -- it accepts output stream as parameter, but I can't
read from output stream, and there is no way to translate output stream into
input string in CL. (make-echo-stream does the opposite.)

So ... am I missing something?
If not, what is the best way to implement this?