[armedbear-devel] Design issue regarding condition printing (was: Error reporting problems)

Kevin Reid kpreid at switchb.org
Fri Jan 21 22:40:09 UTC 2011

On Jan 21, 2011, at 16:48, Erik Huelsmann wrote:

> *print-readably* nil
> --> all other *print-** variables bound like the values specified for
> WITH-STANDARD-IO-SYNTAX (except maybe *PRINT-ESCAPE*)

I don't think it's a good idea to explicitly bind *print-circle* to
nil in anything debugging-related, including error printing, because
then it's a source of nontermination (silent until out of memory, if
the output is going to a string) if user code is working with circular
structure.

--
Kevin Reid                                  <http://switchb.org/kpreid/>