[armedbear-devel] Memory leak

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 21:22:43 UTC 2011

Hi Blake,

> I think there is a memory leak.  I constructed the enclosed lisp files
> and compiled memtest2.lisp.  On a clean abcl evocation I load
> "try.lisp" and run the various tryN functions.  I've mainly been using
> N=10.  You can see that there is a leak when running memtest2.  This
> leak would kill my app after ongoing usage.

Since your tests were rather minimal in the code they actually
trigger, I was intrigued. And even though I had other actions planned
for tonight, I looked into the issue: Well, I found it and fixed it in
r13132. The fix is on trunk now and (try3 10) returns a nearly
constant "Used bytes" output upon successive invocations!

Hope this gets you back on track with your app!