[armedbear-devel] Spaces in pathnames (jar:file:/x/y/z/a space/...)

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Feb 16 16:16:02 UTC 2011

On 2/16/11 14:34 , Theam Yong Chew wrote:
[…]

> Sorry Mark, I was going to add some more clarification to my original
> email, but you were too quick to reply! The above error message was
> actually slightly different from how I originally stumbled on the
> problem, which looked somewhat like this:
>
> [1] CL-USER(1): (load
> "jar:file:/home/tyc20/Dropbox/temp/a%20space/hello.jar!/hello.abcl")
> #<THREAD "interpreter" {12C9557}>: Debugger invoked on condition of
> type FILE-ERROR
>    Loadable FASL not found for
> 'jar:file:/home/tyc20/Dropbox/temp/a%20space/hello.jar!/hello.abcl' in
> 'jar:jar:file:/home/tyc20/Dropbox/temp/a%2520space/hello.jar!/hello.abcl!/hello._'
> Restarts:
>    0: ABORT Return to debug level 1.

[…]

> So to clarify, it wasn't a "Failed to create URI" error, but a
> "Loadable FASL not found" error.

It looks like you might have encountered a more serious problem with our
classloader.  Can you mail me a copy of the failing jar file?

You might try recompiling all the FASLs if you have upgraded the
'abcl.jar' you use recently, but this probably won't help.

When I get the time, I'll try to examine your failure, synthesize a
failing test, and we'll see from there.  Finding the time will probably
happen over the next couple days