[armedbear-devel] Maven & ABCL

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 13:01:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> On 2/11/11 10:19 , Alessio Stalla wrote:
> […]
>> Naming: the name is given by Maven automatically when you deploy the
>> jar (based on the information in the POM).
>> Layout conventions: I couldn't find a written document explaining
>> conventions. By inspecting existing Maven-generated artifacts, it
>> appears that source jars are laid out exactly like binary jars [1]
>> while Javadoc jars are simply the root docs directory jarred [2].
>
>> abcl-sources.jar
>
> […]
>> abcl-javadoc.jar
>
> […]
>
> My patches named them as abcl-${abcl.version}-sources.jar and
> abcl-${abcl-version}-javadoc.jar.  Feel free to rename them in build.xml
> if you need to remove them.  The internal layout should match what you
> expect.

Actually the names you gave them are precisely those that Maven generates.

BTW, I have asked the Sonatype guys to create the project for ABCL;
they should do it in a couple of days. Based on what we said on the
other thread started by Erik, I could manage the whole deployment
process, including signing the jars with my own gpg key (which I
already used for Dynaspring). I will publish the already released
version 0.24, but not the older ones (I don't think it would be
useful). If there are no objections, I will ask them to activate sync
with maven central for ABCL, so it will hopefully be available soon to
everyone using Maven with no extra configuration required.

Bye,
Alessio