[armedbear-devel] Maven & ABCL

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 09:19:14 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:34 AM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> On 2/10/11 10:41 AM, Mark Evenson wrote:
> […]
>> So, the first step is to add targets to 'build.xml' to package our
>> source and javadocs?
>>
>> "That's easy!" methinks…
>
> With [r13211][1], the Ant target 'abcl.source.jar' produces a jar source
> archive that should be suitable for distribution via Maven.

Thanks!

> I couldn't find an example of the naming/layout conventions for Maven
> jars, so I need to hunt around a little more for that.

Naming: the name is given by Maven automatically when you deploy the
jar (based on the information in the POM).
Layout conventions: I couldn't find a written document explaining
conventions. By inspecting existing Maven-generated artifacts, it
appears that source jars are laid out exactly like binary jars [1]
while Javadoc jars are simply the root docs directory jarred [2].

[1] that is:
abcl-sources.jar
  org
    armedbear