[armedbear-devel] Compiling large Java-classes slow?

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:39:58 UTC 2011

Hi Ole,

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Ole Myren Rohne <ole.rohne at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi ABCL-developers,
>
> Is there a recent change (since May?) that would have made compiling files
> containing large wrapped Java-classes excessively slow? If so, is there any
> hope of this eventually improving?

Do you have an example of what you're referring to? I'm affraid I'm not
fully understanding what you're trying to do. If there's an obvious
performance problem, I sure hope we can do something about it. We do not
normally accept performance regressions outside our own build times.

That said, I've only seen build and runtimes improve over the last years (I
mainly test with the compilation of Maxima, though).