[armedbear-devel] EXTENSIONS:EXIT behavior (was Re: [armedbear-ticket] [armedbear] #164: Cannot quit SLIME REPL)

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Aug 22 12:26:49 UTC 2011

On Aug 22, 2011, at 14:22 , Ville Voutilainen wrote:

> On 22 August 2011 15:19, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
>> We should probably centralize using the value of a variable as to
>> whether to really exit or not.  For the case where SLIME is making
>> thread(s) to handle the Emacs REPL request, EXTENSIONS:EXIT is
>> pretty clearly meant to map to System.exit().
>
> We're singing the same song. I don't want to change what ext:exit does.
> I'm saying that ext:exit shouldn't cause a ProcessingTerminated exception.

Sorry, I didn't read your reply carefully enough.

Next question:  then why is the ProcessingTerminated exception only
thrown in the EXT:EXIT and EXT:QUIT implementations?  When would
we ever expect it to be thrown?

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare to it now."