[armedbear-devel] readtable-case :invert does not invert uninterned symbols

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Aug 16 11:51:43 UTC 2011

On Aug 16, 2011, at 12:44 , Alessio Stalla wrote:

> FWIW, I have been successfully using named-readtables with ABCL for
> some time (more than a year, I'd say), although my usage of it is
> pretty basic. So, probably it doesn't really require porting but only
> fixing some corner-case bugs. If you like, I can devote some of my
> time this evening to help with analyzing the problem.
> That said, a readtable iterator would be nice to have; the portable
> one IIRC enumerates all ASCII (or UTF-8?) characters and asks the
> readtable about each of them.

That would be great:  "all" you have to do is figure out how why
parenscript doesn't load via Quicklisp.

If we are going to be sprucing up our readtable, I would think the
way forward would be

1)  provide access to the underlying parts like SBCL (and others)
allow

2)  make our inspector (via the results Readtable.getparts()
implementation) return something a little more meaningful

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare to it now."