[armedbear-devel] About fixing #90 (resetSpecialBindings efficiency)

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 11:27:35 UTC 2011

Yesterday, I was looking at some of our tickets and decided to hack the
compiler to support ticket #90 [1]. As with earlier special bindings fixes,
I've tested this feature on Maxima which - at least in older versions - is
highly sensible to the performance of special variables.

The performance test shows no relevant difference in performance between the
clean and the patched version (1140sec patched, 1087sec unpatched - I
attribute the difference to statistical variation).

So, the question is: even though the generated code is cleaner and smaller,
do we want to make the compiler more complex to support it?

The patch in question is attached for those interested.

[1] http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/ticket/90