[armedbear-devel] ABCL and XCVB

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 13:16:08 UTC 2011

Dear ABCL developers,

did you ever get to look at the make-pathname bug?
for i in sbcl ccl clisp scl allegro ecl gclcvs abcl xcl ; do cl-launch
-l $i -iw '(make-pathname :directory nil :defaults #p"/home/fare/")' ;
done

Also, I'd like to support ABCL in XCVB, and for that I need something
more powerful than run-shell-command, since I need to be able to grab
the output. I support I could write to a temporary file with a shell
redirect, but it's dirty and racy and requires figuring out where the
temporary files are to be located.

Could you implement a variant of run-program? It might require some
trickery to support both Unix and Windows, but it would be very
useful, probably beyond just XCVB.

You may easily play a joke on a man who likes to argue — agree with him.
		— Edgar Waston Howe