[armedbear-devel] ASDF and ABCL

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 18:51:54 UTC 2010

On 30 October 2010 11:09, Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 September 2010 00:35, Ville Voutilainen
> <ville.voutilainen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 28 September 2010 00:33, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dear ABCL developers,
>>> the one big thing missing in ABCL to fully pass the ASDF test suite is
>>> support for
>>> (directory "/usr/share/common-lisp/source/**/*.asd")
>>> Could you get it to work and update to the latest stable ASDF? That
>>> would be great!
>> I'll see what I can do. I implemented the normal wildcard support for DIRECTORY
>> in abcl, I am familiar with the area.
>
> Fixed by r12985 (http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/12985), please
> test.

Interestingly, ASDF 2.010, released yesterday, for performance
reasons, has moved away from using (directory #p"**/*.asd") then
filtering, towards computing subdirectories (which was much harder to
do than should be, requiring 9 different variants for 11
implementations) and recursing manually, pruning as you go. It passes
all the tests with ABCL.

Please upgrade at your earliest convenience.

You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers.
You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. — Naguib Mahfouz