[armedbear-devel] AbclScriptEngine exits on load

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 08:23:13 UTC 2010

Hi Ole,

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Ole Myren Rohne <ole.rohne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ABCL-developers,
>
> Thank you for releasing abcl-0.22!
>
> I'm playing with AbclScriptEngine (with Electric VLSI) and found a tiny problem with config.lisp: EXT:MAKE-THREAD should be THREADS:MAKE-THREAD. Unfortunately the problem was unnecessary hard to debug because in the absence of TPL::REPL the debugger ends up quitting the entire application.

Thanks for your report! The EXT:MAKE-THREAD vs THREADS:MAKE-THREAD
will be fixed in the next release.

>I'm wondering if in that case it would be more useful to throw a Java error, eg like SYS::%DEBUGGER-HOOK-FUNCTION?

Interesting idea indeed. Especially since uncaught errors themselves
cause Java applications to be terminated too. It's definitely
something to be studied more. I'll file an enhancement ticket for it -
sorry can't address the issue right now.

Regards,