[armedbear-devel] Significant increase in build time

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 09:42:03 UTC 2010

Dear Blake,

> Thanks a lot.  If I'm reading it correctly it definitely answers my
> question.  The way I am reading it is as follows:
>
> The numbers in the brackets represent actual times for the revision
> prior to revision 12918.  The numbers outside the brackets represent
> numbers relative to the numbers in the brackets for the latest trunk
> branch.  Therefor 1.0 outside the brackets means it took the same
> amount of time is the number indicated in the brackets.  2.0 would
> mean it took twice as long, 0.5 would meant it took have as much time,
> and so on.  Is that correct?

Yes. That's correct. The reference implementation is r12915. The
comparisons - there may be more [but just 1 in this case] - are indeed
presented as a factor of the original runtime, as you describe.

> If my interpretation is correct then there clearly isn't a runtime
> issue.  This puts my questions to rest.  Thank you very much!

Yes. Your interpretation is correct. That's great! I consider that a
'go' to continue the release process. Thanks for the heads up.