[armedbear-devel] Java FFI performance enhancement idea: LRU cache

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 14:28:39 UTC 2010

Hi,

Today, on IRC, I was approached by 'pmd' whether we have weak hash
tables. We really don't, but he was actually looking for a way to
memoize Java methods to be called with jmethod/jcall.

Since we do kind of 'dynamic dispatch' (which can be a costly
operation), I thought it would be a good idea to add this memoization
to our Java.java file using an LRU cache to clear old cache elements
and maybe with an interface to clear the cache or resize it.

Comments?

Regards,