[armedbear-devel] more directory and jars

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue May 11 14:52:54 UTC 2010

On May 11, 2010, at 4:37 AM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> CL-USER> (DIRECTORY
> "jar:file:/Users/alanr/Desktop/jar2go.jar!/abcl-module-*.lisp")
> Calling (DIRECTORY
> "jar:file:/Users/alanr/Desktop/jar2go.jar!/abcl-module-*.lisp")
> DIRECTORY returned #<FILE-ERROR {E2C42F}>

This turned out to be a problem with WILD-PATHNAME-P not detecting wildcards in components which were string (i.e. (WILD-PATHNAME-P "foo*bar") was returning nil), which I have fixed in [r12667][1] for "*" occuring in DIRECTORY, NAME, and TYPE string components.  The rules for HOST and DEVICE would be a little more complicated, which I don't have time at the moment.

[1]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/12667

> Below is the function I use for directory in jars. Please consider
> including it until there is a correct implementation in java.

[…]

This is identical to  the algorithm implemented in
Pathname.java:match-wild-jar-pathname (I think I aped your
implementation into Java).  I had coded a further check that the argument was
indeed a wild pathname, which was failing due to a faulty WILD-PATHNAME-P
implementation.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare to it now."