[armedbear-devel] add fasl version to default directory for asdf cache

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon May 10 05:45:23 UTC 2010

On 5/10/10 7:20 AM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
[…]
>> SLIME does something similar, for which the "unknown" bit for platform
>> always bothered me.  Using the the Java version used for compilation
>> makes some amount of sense, even though the FASLs should be identical
>> for all versions of Java, as it's our native compiler doing the bit
>> twiddling.
>
> The fasls might have references to java classes that are different for
> java 1.5 than 1.6.
>
> -Alan
> (who has some influence on what bits are twiddled too)

Point taken, although I can't quite come up with a real "for instance"
in my head, mainly because Java5 and Java6 were supposed to be very
close in terms of APIs by design.

>> I should probably change SLIME as well.

I just did, although it doesn't distinguish by FASL versions.  It could,
but no other Lisp does at this point so I left it alone.