[armedbear-devel] "Inconsistent precedence graph" when calling print-object on java instance

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Sat May 8 22:01:11 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Alan Ruttenberg
<alanruttenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the javadoc for the class:
> http://owlapi.sourceforge.net/javadoc/uk/ac/manchester/cs/owl/owlapi/OWLClassImpl.html
> Here is the errors.
> Suggestions: Catch errors in print-object and print anyways, with flag if
> you really want to signal error.
> -Alan
>
> Inconsistent precedence graph.

Hi Alan,

the error was probably caused by the code that computed the class
precedence list for JAVA-CLASSes, which didn't remove duplicate
entries (which can happen with interfaces). I fixed that and committed
to trunk.

While I was at it, I also rationalized a bit the order of the classes
in the CPL:

1. first come Java classes
2. then interfaces
3. then java.lang.Object
4. and finally non-Java CLOS classes.

the motivation for that is 1. and 2. concrete classes are arguably
more specific than interfaces; 3. "everything is an
(java.lang.)Object"; 4. well, they have to be there ;)

Let me know if that fixes your bug and if you have further comments or
observations.

Cheers,
Alessio