[armedbear-devel] Including ASDF 2 in the next ABCL release

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Thu May 6 20:27:46 UTC 2010

On 5/5/10 12:15 AM, Faré wrote:
> Dear ABCL developers,
>
> could you test for inclusion with your implementation
> the current release candidate of ASDF 2 (version 1.715 as of this writing)?
>         http://common-lisp.net/project/asdf/
>
> ASDF 2 is an evolution of ASDF that tries to be backwards compatible
> with previous releases and their many extensions,
> while at the same time improving the user experience in many important ways.
> I have worked hard towards reaching the current state,
> which I believe is now suitable for release.
>
> Could you please send us fixes for any glaring bugs, and otherwise
> include ASDF 2 in any alpha-testing release channel for users of your
> implementation?

As I mentioned in email just mailed off to ASDF-devel, [I've included
ASDF 1.719 in the abcl-0.20 candidate stream][1], but am replying to
this thread for the benefit of those just subscribed to armedbear-devel.

I was impressed to find that Windows shortcuts are handled correctly for
configuring *CENTRAL-REGISTRY* locations like symbolic links under *NIX.
  Including such support for Windows is important to ABCL which tries to
follow the JVM everywhere it can.

Thanks again for the solid-looking ASDF2 release!

[1]:  http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/12655